http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Potter's Creek, Canyon Lake Texas
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Potter's Creek, Canyon Lake Texas

We arrived at Potter's Creek yesterday about 1:30PM. We drove from Lake Charles, Louisiana and it took about 6 hours with one stop for fuel..diesel was $2.39 a gallon. The weather here was 74 degrees, cloudy and very windy. We are set up right next to our good friends from Minnesota, Wayne and Ronae Seale. We were really happy that the spot next to them was vacant. It is really nice to see people you know on the road.
We got all set up. It was no problem to set up the satellite dishes, there are no trees. We are right on Canyon Lake and the wind was really hawking. I had to have Dennis help hold down my picnic table cloth while I clamped it down, and then put big rocks on top to help hold it.Hopefully it won't be as windy tomorrow.
Here is a view of the lake when we arrived.

We woke up this morning and took our walk in jeans and T-shirts. It was already getting warm. When we got back, we took our coffee outside and enjoyed the view...so peaceful. Of course, I just couldn't relax too much..Our RV needed a good wash and so did our truck, so I changed into shorts and I started out on the camper. Den went to find some firewood and he came back with a truckload. He helped me wash the camper and I finished the truck. By noon we had camper and truck both washed, firewood unloaded and the camper windows all washed...time to quit!! I took my book outside and honestly didn't read a word..It was so nice to relax in the breeze..I almost fell asleep.
Shortly,it started to get windy again, so I came in to blog. We are all set up so I thought I would tke a few photos of our home for 3 1/2 weeks..
This is our camper in the foreground and Wayne and Ronae's behind it.


Here is where we relax..do puzzles and read..our life is soooo busy...but just look at the view!!


Yet another view of our temporary little chunk of real estate ...We love it here~


I will blog more tomorrow..Our weather is suppose to turn cold...low 50's for the next few days and very windy tomorrow..I see some crockpot chili for tomorrow's dinner...Later

No comments:

Post a Comment