http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: RECREATING HISTORY….THIS WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN!
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Saturday, August 28, 2010

RECREATING HISTORY….THIS WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN!

  Last night The Wolff family arrived about 8:30PM…Kelly and Cindy were already here, sitting around the campfire with us.  After hugs all the way around, Chris took Aiden upstairs, rocked him for a few minutes and lay him down in his crib…He was out like a light.  It’s about a 4 hour drive from Indianapolis to Sandwich normally, but allowing for food stops….and a few diaper changes, it takes them about 4 1/2.  We all sat around the campfire and finally got to bed about 11PM..I vaguely remember being “over served”…

100_7830

This morning our living room looks like a full-time day care center, complete with a sizable Elmo, some Legos and  the good ‘ol Lincoln Logs.

It is extremely hard to get all 3 of our kids together in one location.   Kelly works some strange hours, and Chris is  on call at the hospital some weekends, plus she lives 4 hours from us    I needed them ALL to be here today…and it had to be HERE! This is what I had cooked up;  When we purchased our home in 1975, we got our mortgage from The Sandwich State Bank.  For some reason, they picked our family to be photographed on our front porch steps and then put the photo in the Sandwich Newspaper to advertise their bank…. Here is the ad..(I saved that newspaper.)

scan0028

If you are brave enough to click the ad, you can read it…Left to right is Terrie, Kelly, Den,  and yours truly, holding Chris.. Remember that hairdo ladies?? Why did I ever think it was attractive?…And check out Den’s white shoes!!  (Shades of Pat Boone!!) This picture was taken in 1975 on our front porch steps right here in this very house…sooo…….one of my Ya Ya’s gave me the harebrained idea of recreating this picture…I was fortunate enough to have the actual photo in my hands, too.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!

  This morning, with the help of Chris’s husband , John, who was behind the camera, and Kelly’s wife, Cindy, who helped us get posed just like the old photo…we revisited the photo shoot …..35 years later….

 

 

scan0027100_7834

                           1975                                                              2010

         THANKS KIDS, FOR TOLERATING THIS WILD IDEA…I LOVE OUR FAMILY!!!!!

  Tomorrow is Kelly’s birthday party.  Uncle Jr. and Aunt Jeanette are coming to our house, and we are driving them and Aunt Neenie out to Kelly’s and Cindy’s house.  Kel and Cin live at Lake Holiday, and that place is a huge lake with a gazillion homes…They would NEVER find it.  I can just visualized them driving around the lake forever,  because not a one of the three owns a cell phone…I will post this tomorrow morning before we “make like a baby and “head out” for the party…(OK, I know that was a bad one!) A shout out to new follower CarolinaKate….thanks for being brave enough to ride this all the way downhill!!!

100_7835100_7837100_7839

Pictures from this afternoon…..

….Party pics on Monday….There will be plenty of pic from the party!!!

9 comments:

  1. And you thought I was sick,glad to see your kids will still humor the old folk.

    Dennis love the shoe's still have mine and the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the photo! Good posing job, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! Love those white shoes!! What style!! :-) Yes, Donna I do remember that hairstyle all so well. Could I have had one just like it??? Ummm...let me think!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, I used to do Like Father like Son pictures posing my Grandson Adam in poses of pictures of his Dad Andy we took when he was a toddler, That Idea went over like a lead balloon with my son. What's wrong with the shoes, I still think I have mine. I have shoes older than my kid's , Donna manages tpo throw a pair out every now and then, last pair was a set of Navy flight deck boots never worn, oh well. Be safe out there and have fun at the party, I'll celebrate here with a Miller High Life for you all. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea and it turned out great! Feelin' groovy! :)K

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a terrific idea, Donna. I think our kids would gag if I tried that with them - how did you convince them? What did it cost?

    Your grandson is a real cutie and looks to be right at home on your living room floor, and in the back of his Grandpa's truck too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that old pose/new pose concept. Rick mentioned it would be hard to get his kids to do that. I know absolutely nothing about kids so haven't a clue why kids, now adults, wouldn't want to help out with something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever with the old/new photo op. Wow.

    Your living room with all the kid stuff looks just like our MH does when the Grands are over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea!!!..and good for the kids for participating!..is it going to go into the newspaper??..the before and after??

    ReplyDelete