http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: ALL VEGANS BEWARE….REMEMBERING OUR PIG ROAST…
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ALL VEGANS BEWARE….REMEMBERING OUR PIG ROAST…

  Perhaps some of you have heard of a Pig Roast.  Maybe you have attended one, or even had one.  (NO, this is not a gathering where everyone makes fun of a Cop.)..We had one at our home 5 years ago as a reception /party for John and Chris after their wedding.  They had a “destination” wedding at Long Boat Key, Florida, and a lot of our family and friends here were unable to attend…..Sounds like time to plan a party in Sandwich IL, eh????

Yup….that would be McGuyver lending a hand to the professional “roaster”, on the right…and that would be the poor unfortunate “roastee” layed out on the table…. “Porky” was put on the roaster about 6AM and taken off about 5PM….

 

 

WAIT!!! COME BACK!!!! I DIDN’T MAKE THE PICTURE THAT BIG!!  IT’S A PIG, FOR GOD’S SAKE!..YOU KNOW…PORK CHOPS, HAM, SHOULDER ROAST??….

 

Let me just say that it tasted heavenly…and yes, a pig WAS injured for the good of the party…And he will be remembered  fondly, with a big juicy smile on our faces….

 

There were also a couple dozen cases of beer and a few boxes of wine that were badly damaged and ended up “in the drink” at this crazy Cave pig roast….This took place in mid September, so the seating was bales of hay in many areas…It was tons of fun…and lots of work…but we had never had a pig roast before..You know us goofy Cave people, we just gotta try everything!!!!

Right now , Dennis is playing in the corn and soybeans…He tells me how hard he works at the farm…But I know that the combine has air conditioning and a radio, so he isn’t breaking MUCH of a sweat….

There is just something about men and their toys….This “toy” looks like something I should definitely NOT be allowed to maneuver around..I could do some serious damage to just about anything I came in contact with!!!

Welcome to our new followers Cruizin2some…..love the name..Hang on, we can get a little rowdy!..and thanks for taking time to read my drivel…

7 comments:

  1. Wish we would have known you for the pig roast,I would have drove that far just for a day like that, Denny is having fun behind the wheel of a combine, good for him, the old ones I drove surely didn't have a/c and they were hot and dusty, not easy work either, I guess they have power steering and brakes now too. Be safe out there the days are counting down for you now. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not a Vegan by any means that's for sure. Still, after looking at Porky laying there, arms crossed and staring straight ahead with an apple in his mouth, I think I still prefer bacon, ham and pork chops to come all cut up and packaged in nice little shrink wrapped boxes at the supermarket!

    Looked like a great party though - except for poor Porky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of "P I G" in the morning. There is no better meat than that of a pig roast. :)

    You really enjoy life and thats what its all about!

    "Mangia! Mangia!"

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a pig roast and lots of refreshment while it cook's and after it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pig roasts, but haven't been to one in many a moon. Maybe, many a decade. :( There's a pig at the extended warranty place that I'd to roast about now, but he only has two feet! :) And I'm thinking he'd be pretty tough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a 'piggy good time'..my invite get lost again?..geez, I am starting to get a complex!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yowzers!! That is a big pig! We saw a pig roast when we went to Hawaii on our 10th anniversary. Did you know that pork stays in your intestines for 8 days?!?! Now how would I know something like that?? hehe!

    ReplyDelete