http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: REMOVING STAPLES 101….THE CORRECT TOOLS AND LOTS OF ALCOHOL…
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Thursday, January 6, 2011

REMOVING STAPLES 101….THE CORRECT TOOLS AND LOTS OF ALCOHOL…

  Last night was a little reminder for Dennis NOT to hit his head on our Hiker again!  At the ER, the nurse numbed up Den’s head with an anesthetic before the Doc stapled his scalp closed…(.Den’s head doesn’t require much numbing…It is normally pretty numb, as is my own) ….No anesthetic here at the Cave Dwellings… except Busch Lite, so that would have to do.  Dennis decided to take the dose internally, fearing that there could be some wasted, dripping off his scalp and onto the floor….

 

First of all, the correct equipment is instrumental for this undertaking (bad choice of words). 

I had assembled all of the necessary tools that I thought might be required….(and some that I FEARED might also be needed! )   Making  sure we had a sterile environment was not a problem…both McGuyver and I had THAT procedure done years ago.

100_9038

 

I had to make sure we had enough alcohol  for all of the cotton swabs, so I stocked up….

100_9044100_9045

 

Everyone has been anxious to see  a photo of McGuyver’s stapled scalp, so I begged  him to pose for me before they were removed..He thinks I am really warped, wanting to gaze at the carnage…..I totally cop to being a “card carrying sicko”, and am proud to “hang out” with any of you who are  also so inclined…So…..here it is ….the “before the staples were removed” photo..

100_9036

 

 

…Yeah, I know….pretty gross.. For those of you wimps who get queasy, I advise NOT enlarging this photo…To you other blood suckers, have at it!  You should have seen this “Grand Canyon” wound before the ER Doc closed it up!!! You could see clear to the bottom of the canyon!!

 

 

 

Kelly and Cindy showed up about 6:30PM…cocktail hour…What a lovely way for them to spend an evening together…

 

100_9047100_9046

 

I tried talking them into letting me help…..but they found my “technique” a little sketchy…..

100_9048

 

  Cindy preferred her own little tool to “de-staple” McGuyver…. It was a fairly fast process..

100_9051100_9052

THEY MADE SURE I STAYED AWAY….MAYBE IT WAS MY LONG HANDLED CUTTERS THEY FEARED….?

100_9050

 

 

 

 

 

I managed to sneak in and get close enough for a final photo….

 

…So , after our personal medical team left, I put one of my home made pizzas in the oven….Mine isn’t even close to the great looking ones  Sam and Donna build. I was so excited by the staple removal that I forgot to take a picture of  the pizza…or maybe I was “over served”.…(sucking on all those cotton swabs can do that to a girl)….

  This morning the head wound looks good…definitely a scar is involved….And McGuyver has found yet another project to injure himself on….Our fireplace screen has come loose and has been a pain in our butts for quite a while now…Apparently, Dennis was getting tired of at least ONE of the pains in his butt, (the other one has yet to be addressed)..so he is working on the  fireplace screen as we speak….

100_9056100_9058

Should I be concerned Den is using his pocket knife as a mini crowbar?????

NO WORRIES, I HAVE MY OWN WAY OF HANDLING THINGS NEXT TIME!

100_9043

……SEND GOOD KARMA OUR WAY……AND THANKS FOR VISITING OUR INSANE ASYLUM….

11 comments:

  1. Look's like Cindy has the same tool I used on Donna's head, It looks flimsy, but it gets the job done, I guess about 4 cans of Bud Light was about the right start for the numbing effect. Sounds like you had a great night pizza and all, who knows we may have a pizza party together some time and you can earn you Pizza making certificate, like my Adopted Grandaughter Michelle did in Pa.Glad to see Den is back to work. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Den is wearing a hat while he's working, maybe at least his head will be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent step by step report on the medical procedure.

    Glad Den is healed up.

    --Rod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photos! I'm the person who exclaims "Cool!" when I see those kinds of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good night nurse!! Zowzas and Gross!! Wow, ok, I think I need some smelling salts after seeing that REAL gaping flesh wound shut with ginormous staples!! And here I was complaining about a bee sting.

    I can't believe after seeing that, you were satisfied with sucking on the alcohol swabs, I think I would have taken a dive into the bottle....mouth first!

    POOR McGuyver!!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hammer?? You are so funny! Looks like a good time was had by all, except for poor Den..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Judy....Den had on his cap when he raised up under the slide and cut his head...The ER Doc was amazed the cap was NOT cut..but Den's head sure was!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Dennis won't mind if I use that picture as my screen saver..

    I mean the one of the Bush Lite of course....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, that medical service sure beats going to a hospital emergency and waiting until the staples rust!! I thought you might be a little short on antiseptic and painkillers there but since you didn't have a pic of Dennis screaming in pain it must have been enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the way you think..and remove staples..I am sure Dennis will now be a bit more careful around the slides!..nasty looking gash he had!!

    ReplyDelete