http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Good Bye Sun…Hello Rain…
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Friday, April 15, 2011

Good Bye Sun…Hello Rain…

  Well, so much for our great sunshine…We are due for some showers here over the next few days and the wind has turned out of the North…But, that’s OK….I have my own “sunshine fix” available to look at whenever I want…

208320_1804023353582_1629830651_1734140_2590901_n 

I warned you about my tendency to bore you with photos of our newest grandson, Maddox.  He is one long legged little Monkey Butt, isn’t he?? Chris took him for his one week check today and he has put on 3 ounces since his birth, which is good…He is a good eater, but has his days and nights mixed up, as do most newborns…This little ray of sunshine is now my background on our computer..Rolling on the floor laughing

  Not much goin’ on here…I am in quite a bit of pain with my foot…and ,  believe it or not, I am considering using some crutches or a cane for a few weeks to expedite the healing (if there is going to be any) .  I went and got groceries today and I was a total gimp by the time I was done…lesson learned.    Date night its Saturday, and I really don’t want to ruin my “hot mama” look  with crutches…I never knew ANY hot mamas who hopped around on crutches and wore Crocs….My sexy looking cowboy boots are sitting in my closet wondering what the Hell happened…There goes my “Miss Kitty” look. (Only you old timers will understand that one)….I fully intend to get back on the saddle and pull on those boots by next fall…Marshall Dillon, a.k.a. McGuyver/Dennis awaits.

  It’s been pretty boring around here, so I thought I would give you a little “Art Show”…All of our grandkids love to do sidewalk chalk in our driveway,  and I am always there to encourage a budding artist….

CHECK THESE OUT….

 

 

ISN’T IS NEAT HOW ALL KIDS SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY?…NOTICE THERE WAS NO HOPSCOTCH…THEY PROBABLY DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!! OK, SOME CHALKARTS ARE A LITTLE QUESTIONABLE, BUT THEY DRAW WHAT THEY SEE, AND AT THE CAVE DWELLINGS, THEY SEE A BUSCH LITE!!!

Well, tonight I am making Gyros for dinner…No, I didn’t make them myself,  Wal Mart has a good Gyro “Kit”, and that sounded easy…The most effort I have to put forth is to heat the meat and put some fries in the oven…So right about now it’s cocktail hour…..and I feel the need for some self medication….I might get ambitious tomorrow and actually BAKE something, seeing as the weather is going to be cold and yucky…..Cranberry muffins sound good….At least the kitchen will smell yummy..(I’m not known for my baking skills.  Usually I find my baked goods at Casey’s General Store…)

  Thanks for reading this meandering blog….Wipe the druel off your mouth , quit snoring and go do something CONSTRUCTIVE!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Was raining like crazy when I took Nicole to school this morning, looks like we will have the same weekend you guys do.Get those feet back in shape soon. Tour Grandson does have long legs, more like a frog though. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your 'kids' are budding artists that is for sure..love the sponge bob!!..oh and Maddox is pretty darn cute too..
    Cheers to you ..hope your foot is better soon and you can get back to your 'highheels'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Maddox is going to grow up to be a basketball player!

    Cranberry muffins sound good!

    Maybe you should look at one of those little motorized scooters to zip around on for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like that rain packed weather front is moving our way as well. Just in time to wreck up the week-end for folks. Have you thought of 'pain diversion?' Like if you dropped a sack of bricks on your other foot it would at least divert the pain from your sore foot to your new pain area. Might be a good plan for some temporary relief:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would we do without grand kids? Nice art show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we could start to compare baby pictures. He looks adorable.

    Love the chalk art, they are talented.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete